This year, we are proud to announce our Photography Exhibit & Contest will be at Think Tank on Main in Uptown Greenwood.
Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Photography Exhibit & Awards Reception
Saturday, June 2nd
Awards will be presented at 4:00 p.m.
Cash prizes totaling $775.00 will be awarded.
Two Categories for Entries:
Participants may enter one category only.
All prints submitted must be mounted and single matted for acceptance and hanging in the show. You may submit up to 4 (four) prints in your category (one category only) for $20.00.
- Name, address and telephone number and file names must be printed on the back of each entry.
- Entries must be printed and mounted for display in the exhibit.
- Advanced: Color or Black and White with a print dimension of 11 x 14 inches maximum.
- Basic: Color or Black and White with a print dimension of 8 x 10 inches maximum.
- Participants will be able to pick up their prints after the exhibit has ended.
- Entries will be judged by qualiﬁed professional photographers prior to the hanging of the show.
- Attendants will be present during most of the time the exhibit is open; however the SC Festival of Flowers will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen work.
- No prior SC Festival of Flowers winning entries will be accepted.
- Contestants may enter one category, Advanced Color or Advanced B&W.
- Contestants may win in only one category, and contestants cannot win more than one award.
- Entries submitted by mail must include packaging materials & $7.00 per print for shipping & handling costs.
First Place Winners in each category will be asked for a high resolution digital copy of their winning image to be used in promotional materials for the Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce and events associated with the Greenwood SC Cham- ber of Commerce. The ﬁrst place award in each category is a purchase award by the Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce. Winning entries for these awards will not be returned to the photographer and become the property of the Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce and the SC Festival of Flowers.
Terms for Disqualification:
Entries will be disqualiﬁed according to the following stipulations below.
Entries that are disqualiﬁed will not be judged or displayed. All disqualiﬁed entries may be picked up at the Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce after June 5, 2018.
Decisions to disqualify entries are the sole discretion of the Photo Exhibit Chair and/or the SC Festival of Flowers Director.
These terms are non-negotiable.
- Photo reproduction of another creative medium which does or does not belong to you with intent to supplement that work as a photograph.
- If the work does not meet the requirements as listed in this brochure. Any work that is interpreted as derogatory or offensive by the Photographic Exhibition Chair or SC Festival of Flowers Director.
- Photographs that are computer generated/altered will be disqualiﬁed. No digitally manipulated, altered, collaged or computer generated photographs are allowed. Minimal editing in Photoshop is acceptable to include slight adjustments in exposure, and cropping.
Technical Quality (25%)
Aesthetic Composition (25%)
Creative Vision (25%)
Emotional Impact (25%)
The greatest cumulative judging score will be deemed the winner in that category. Prints that score equally will be revaluated by the judges with the tie being broken by total cumulative score.
Entries may be picked up after the exhibit:
Tuesday - Friday
June 5 - 8, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce
110 Phoenix Street (Behind Wells Fargo)
If you would like to have your prints mailed back to you, please include packaging for your print(s) along with $7 each for shipping and handling costs.